Thursday, November 10, 2005

It will take a lot to put me in the dumps today! I'm not saying that it can't happen, as it is a proven fact that my job is mysteriously capable of putting me in a very sour mood very quickly...call it my secondary motivation to be bi-polar* (the first will have to wait for explanation at another time). Regardless, this day is off to a wonderful, beautiful, stupendous start!!

I am trying to figure out why...

So, I had a fabulous evening at home with Dash last night. I made meatloaf and green beans and he made mashed potatos and brown gravy. We sat down and ate like a family, which is not altogether unusual, in and of itself; the kidlets and I always eat like a family when a real meal has been prepared. After dinner, however, Dash raved on the meal I prepared, refusing to take any credit for it, whatsoever.

While dinner was cooking, and after dinner for a while, we did the crossword puzzle. I love doing the crossword with Dash. I often feel so inferior to his intelligence but he always manages to make me feel like the most intelligent woman in the universe when we do the crossword together. Every time I began to pout, because I didn't get the correct word or I hadn't seen something obvious, he would threaten to ravage me like a savage beast. He thinks that is punishment? I pouted...a lot...;-)

Once the kidlets were in bed I watched him play Harry Potter, as I read through the cheat sheets he had printed off the net. Every time he found something new or did something better than the previous time he would give me all the credit for having guided him through. I tried to tell him it wasn't me, as I didn't write the cheat sheets!! He wouldn't hear it.

And then...well...we had a little fun time. OK, we had a lot of fun time. Afterwards, back to Harry Potter and, finally, off to bed with me at 1:30.

And as if that was not enough...we were very cuddly and affectionate this morning. No "fun" persay, but lots of sweet kisses and goodbye hugs. Oh, and a little "argument" about why he has, once again, stopped telling me he loves me...but I only started that in jest, as his behavior last night and this morning showed more love than three words could ever express.

Please pardon my glow. I hope I am not blinding you!!! I just cannot help myself!

Now, if I could only figure out why I am so stinking happy today...

Too


*I'm not actually bi-polar, but I swear I have my moments. I even scare myself sometimes. Anybody know a good shrink?

No comments: